The Brembo Gran Turismo High Performance Braking System offers significant advantages over the OC manufacturer’s system – advantages far beyond what’s simply known as “big brakes.” As the braking system’s primary function is to dissipate heat, larger, more sophisticated discs are used in order to increase the fade resistance of the system. These discs are directionally vented for enhanced cooling, as well as drilled or slotted for improved consistency, continuously and refreshing the pad surface. In most application, a two-piece “floating” disc assembly is used, with a cast-iron disc specially mounted to a billet aluminum hat. One of the advantages: weight. By making the center-section of the disc out of aluminum, a great deal of weight can be saved in a key location, as it is both un-sprung and rotating. The greatest advantage, however, lies in the float itself. The brake discs must cope with extreme temperature levels. In the case of a non-floating disc, thermal stresses develop which lead to warping of the disc and cupping of the braking surface. With the full floating system, the disc is bell, and can remain straight and true.
Each Gran Turismo system comes with high performance bake pads, aircraft quality hardware, DOT and TUV- approved Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines, instruction manual and dye cut stickers for your car. The net result is a braking system, developed specifically for each vehicle application by Brembo’s immense technical resources, that insures high quality as well as high performance.
- Aggressive pads that provide the highest level of performance
- Clears gasses, cleans pads for better “bite”
- Perfect fitment and rigid mounting
- Braided Brake Line. – DOT/TUV approved
- Increased stopping on the street, at drivers’ schools and at club events with proven on-track performance at the highest levels of racing
- Reduces un-sprung weight for better handling; reduces head-related stress; increases brake performance and pedal feel
- High Performance Friction Material. – Cross-Drilled or Slotted Discs
- Aircraft quality Mounting Brackets and Assembly Hardware
- Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided Brake Line
- Multi-Use Street, Performance Driving, Track Events Derived from Race-Based Components
- “Floating” Disc Mounting System with Billet Aluminum Hat
- Eight Piston Cast Aluminum Calipers
- Many of the Gran Turismo systems require modifications to, or removal of the OEM dust shield or backing plate.
- Installation Installation Time: 20-30 Minutes for Standard Installation, 1-2 Hours for Lifted/Lowered Vehicles